Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January, please end.

Recently, I had a family member tell me that I should keep track of my thoughts by writing them down in regards to my husband's and my deceased daughter.  It couldn't hurt; perhaps I'll be able to look back and hopefully see improvement in my mental and physical state.  Who knows... perhaps writing about our lives will serve as a good distraction.

Today is Chris's and my 3rd anniversary.  I can't believe it has been three years since we said our "I do's".  It feels like just yesterday when I accidentally put the ring on his right hand instead of his left (technically I didn't put it on there since it wouldn't fit, but I gave it a good 30 seconds trying).  We are nowhere near where we thought we'd be today.  Chris is in the military as a Combat Engineer, we had a daughter and lost her in what felt like the time it takes to take a breath, and I am a college student aspiring to become a police officer.  Life has definitely had its ups and downs since 3 years ago.  The best moment was the 10 days that Chris, Alice and I shared together after she was born and before he deployed to Afghanistan.  She was born July 14th, 2011 and died September 7th, 2011.  No where near enough time (I don't think any amount of time is enough) but will always be cherished.
The last picture taken of Alice Ann on September 6th, 2011.
I miss my darling.  And to just think, she'd be in my arms right now if she was still here.  What a beautiful little girl.  Rest in Peace, my love.

1 comment:

  1. (Hugs) Jenny. I don't know your pain, i lost my daughter when I was 6 months pregnant and that is still tough 10 years later. Blogging is very therapeutic, I just started myself. I found your blog through the July 11 babycenter board and am happy to hear the good news. Can't wait to follow your journey. :) I'm on my own with a very sensitive skinned little boy. Take care!

    ReplyDelete