Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Finally some good news...!

Yesterday was the first good day we've had in a  loooonnngg time.  Chris and I found out that I'm pregnant!  So exciting!  I didn't believe it at first.  I started laughing, crying, smiling, puking, and dancing and I couldn't stop....!

I wanted to tell Chris in person, but I couldn't hold my excitement, so I had to have him call me at work.  He was so happy.  Last night we went out to dinner and actually caught ourselves laughing, cracking a joke or two, and smiling a lot.  It all feels very foreign at this point.  Then when we got home, I could hardly keep my eyes open even though it was still fairly early in the evening.  We snuggled on the couch and watched our favorite tv show (24), and I fell asleep a few times.  Let the tiredness and morning sickness begin!

I feel really bad for feeling happier, but this is what we needed.  I'm being constantly reminded of symptoms I had last time I was pregnant with Alice, and while it makes me feel very sad, it also makes me feel very happy that we're having another baby.  This time in November 2010, I was still getting used to the fact that I wouldn't be "free" anymore (no partying, late nights, early mornings... basically forgetting about myself and raising a child).  I realized that I was going to feel sick, tired, huge, etc.  But I was happy.  It was a new realm for me and I wasn't used to it yet.  But now, I know exactly what's going to happen, how we're going to handle it, and how things are going to be.

By the way... Chris thinks it's a girl.  I am leaning more towards a boy.  Chinese prediction chart says boy ;).  But obviously that's not reliable... or is it???

January 30th, 2012

Due date is October 7th, 2012.  I am currently 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  Baby is the size of a poppy seed.  Wish us luck <3

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear something good is finally happening to you and your family. Prayers will be with you through the next 9 months and beyond!

    ReplyDelete